DUETS is a series of publications that pairs artists, activists, writers, and thinkers in dialogues about their creative practices and current social issues around HIV/AIDS. These engaging and highly readable conversations highlight the connections between communities of artists and activists. Drawing from the Visual AIDS Artist Registry and Archive Project, this series continues Visual AIDS’ mission to support, promote, and honor the work of artists with HIV/AIDS and the artistic contributions of the AIDS movement.
The series aims to explore the work and careers of living contemporary artists and those who have passed away from HIV/AIDS, including those innovative and influential in their practice but under-represented in public or academic discourse. Each book features additional contributions and/or essays by fellow writers and friends, plus full color plates of the artists’ work.
As a limited-time offer, we are offering all six in stock issues of DUETS for only $50:
- DUETS: Frederick Weston & Samuel R. Delany In Conversation
- DUETS: Julie Ault & David Deitcher on William Olander
- DUETS: Kia LaBeija & Julie Tolentino In Conversation
- DUETS: Nayland Blake & Justin Vivian Bond on Jerome Caja
- DUETS: Ben Cuevas & Annie Sprinkle in Conversation
- DUETS: Dean Daderko & Elaine Reichek in Conversation on Nicolas A. Moufarrege
NOTE: Ships in March 2021